Job Title: Estimating Assistant Department: Preconstruction
Reports to: Preconstruction Manager Effective Date: 2/15/2023
Job Summary: The Estimating Assistant facilitates the efficient operation of the Preconstruction Department by performing a variety of clerical, administrative and skilled tasks such as preparing bid folders and documents, virtually combining bid documents, and organizing them per bid.
• Establish bid folders by downloading bid information, assigning a bid number, maintaining the bid log and updating when applicable.
• Create and conform a combined set of drawings and specifications and link to internal software.
• Request and confirm subcontractor and vendor solicitations, file accordingly, and notify team of any changes.
• Develop separate drawing folders for each discipline.
• Perform MWDBE solicitations and complete form updates when applicable.
• Analyze contracts for required project information.
• Update submittal and RFI folders as needed.
• Procure bid bonds and confirm insurance coverages with broker.
• Draft bid qualification forms.
• Compile bid packages.
• Deliver public bids as required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work reliably and independently.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to self-teach.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Highly proficient or advanced computer and technical skills
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in Business or a construction related field.
Two years of experience preferred but not required.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer in a standard office environment
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Standard work hours: 7:00-3:30pm, Monday-Friday
Interested applicants should send their resume to: