We are currently hiring for a Fleet Mechanic to assist our Lead Mechanic in the general upkeep and maintenance of our company fleet.
Fleet Mechanic Job Summary
The Fleet Mechanic collaborates with the Lead Mechanic to diagnose, repair, and perform
equipment inspections efficiently and effectively.
- Compliance with all company Safety rules and Regulations to include use of appropriate PPE.
- Prepare DOT inspection documents that meet the PA inspection and DOT requirements.
- Interface with all department personnel to coordinate the efficient turnaround of vehicles.
- Work with the project manager, service technician, equipment operator to develop a schedule that minimizes a project schedule.
- Maintain a tracking log for new vehicle warranty, inspection renewals and preventative maintenance services.
- Work with the purchasing department to order daily and specialty materials and services.
- Identify when to utilize a third party for services.
- Comply with existing work processes established by Lead Mechanic and apply said processes with approved modifications as needed.
- Actively participate in safety/benefit/training meetings as deemed required by company.
- Other tasks as assigned by Lead Mechanic and/or Facilities & Materials Manager.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work reliably and independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to self-teach.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience
- PA Emissions Inspector and PA Inspection License (Class 7 Preferred).
- ASE Certification (preferred).
- Two years of experience preferred but not required.
- Class A (preferred) or B Commercial Driver’s License (or the ability to obtain CDL within two years).
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking in a shop environment
- Intermittent field/site response will be required.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to lift up to 90 pounds at times.
- Standard work hours: 7:00-3:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Capable of using the tools and technical equipment required to perform their duties.
$20.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate
Erie, PA 16510: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
View on Indeed
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.”