First point of contact for a service call request. Prepare a service work order, schedule the service work appointment, and verify customer information is correct. Provide PO to service technician. Work with other support departments to coordinate the work order request. Ability to handle and multitask start to finish several service calls – schedule an appointment, produce a workorder, dispatch workorder to the appropriate supervisor and prepare Backflow billing. Maintain customer data on a spreadsheet.
Submit customer documents and paperwork through mail, portal, or email. Maintain workload spreadsheet. Update customer records as needed.
Directly to Office Manager-Service department
Coordinate with supervisor the assignment of service workorders to service technicians.
- Receive customer service phone calls and prepare a service work order and dispatch to appropriate supervisor.
- Verify customer information is correct on workorder, i.e., name, phone #, job location, purchase order
- Issue purchase orders to technicians and obtain both receipts for PO and credit cards from Service Technician and attach to the workorders
4) Backflow-open workorders, prepare billing, maintain customer spreadsheet, submit necessary municipal forms and mail out monthly letters.
5) Scan workorder documents as needed and attach to workorders-i.e. -quotes and file documents.
6) Process service department credit card payments and prepare service other department billings as needed.
A Two-Year Degree preferred, majoring in Business Administration and Accounting
Experience within the HVAC / Plumbing or similar type of industry is essential, and the ability to understand the specific industry terms and compose a business memo or letter.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, must be able to multitask
- A self-starter with ability to prioritize time effectively.
- Effective organizational skills a must.
- Ability to learn service in-house accounting and billing systems and ERP/accounting software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Bluebeam.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need”. M/D/F/V/EOE