Fire Protection Services in Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Erie, PA
The Wm. T. Spaeder Co., Inc. has extensive experience in designing and installing wet, dry, and chemical suppression fire protection systems. Our fire protection experts have the knowledge and skill necessary to ensure each system is installed efficiently no matter the size.
Our prefabrication operation allows for an added level of precision and efficiency as each system is preassembled in-house for a quick and easy installation on the job site. Every system installed is tested thoroughly to ensure it is working correctly and meets fire protection code. In addition to building and installation, we provide maintenance, inspection, and 24-hour emergency services for fire protection systems.
- NICET certified design team
- OSHA certified union trained field personnel
- Residential, commercial, industrial and storage facilities
- Design/build capabilities for wet pipe system, dry pipe systems, pre-action systems, deluge systems, foam-water systems, and clean agent systems
- State of the art in-house fabrication
- Inspection, testing, and maintenance
- Fire pump and water storage tank installation, testing and maintenance
- Backflow preventer installation and testing
- Complete underground water service installation
- Fire hydrant installation and repairs
- System corrosion (MIC) services
- 24/7 emergency services
- Road Sprinkler Fitters Local Union 669
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
Spaeder’s Fire Protection Division–NICET & ISO Certified
The Wm. T. Spaeder Co., Inc. places the highest priority on ensuring employees are well-educated and equipped with the latest certifications. All of our fire protection tradesmen are certified through the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET). In addition, all members of the fire protection division at Spaeder are certified at either ISO Level 1 or ISO level 3. Each level of certification requires many hours of experience and knowledge-based testing. Furthermore, our field technicians all go through a five-year apprenticeship, making each individual licensed to install fire protection systems. We require ongoing training for both employees in the field and in the office and conduct continuing education by organizing monthly training seminars with local vendors.
Spaeder’s Fire Protection BIM, VDC, and Prefabrication Services
The Wm. T. Spaeder Co., Inc. is a uniquely qualified provider of fire protection services because of our ability to prefabricate accurately using BIM and VDC. Our design department has all the latest technology to scan existing areas and retrofit a precise system. We also have the resources and licensure to work in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and New York. Our highly trained field technicians provide efficient installations of fire protection systems that are carefully tested to satisfy both building officials and insurance underwriters. Whether installing a new system, or replacing an existing system, Spaeder has the knowledge and experience to complete the job correctly.
The Wm. T. Spaeder Company has been family owned and operated for over 100 years. Throughout it all, we’ve provided honest, affordable, innovative solutions for homes and businesses in the greater Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Erie, Pa metro areas.