The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee of Plumbers Local Union No. 27 will be accepting applications for its Apprenticeship Training Program.
Information about applying is posted below. You can also read more about the program on their website at https://www.ua27.org/pittsburgh-erie-union-training/apprenticeship/apprenticeship-application-program/
APPLYING FOR THE PROGRAM:
Applications may be obtained between February 24th, 2020 through March 7th, 2020 at Plumbers Local Union No. 27 Headquarters / Pipe Trades Training Center, 1040 Montour West Industrial Park, Coraopolis, PA 15108 and at the Erie Training Center, 8150 Hawthorne Drive, Erie, PA 16509. Please report during the following hours:
Mon., Tues, & Wed. – 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Thursday – 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Friday – 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Saturday – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Applications must be completed at the time of registration. No application will be given at the time of registration unless all qualifications are met as listed below:
- Applicants must be of good moral character and physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Applicant must have a valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and reside within the geographical jurisdiction of Plumbers Local Union No. 27 (The Jurisdiction of Local Union No. 27 embraces the following counties in Western Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Venango, Warren, the Cities of Arnold and New Kensington in Westmoreland County, and sections of Washington and Greene Counties)
- Applicant is to pay a fee of thirty ($30.00) dollars (check or cash) at the time of application (non-refundable) to cover the cost of processing the application.
- Applicants, if accepted, will be required to submit a test for substance abuse.
- Applicants, if accepted, will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
- Applicants will be required to take a written qualification examination at Plumbers Local Union No. 27’s Headquarters in Coraopolis, PA.
- Applicants who qualify, based on written examination, will be granted a personal interview, which will be held at Plumbers local 27’s Headquarters in Coraopolis, PA. Selection of apprentices will be based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, or sex.
- Any person selected as a probationary apprentice must pay two hundred and fifty ($250.00) dollars toward their initiation fee of $500.00 and after an acceptable probationary period of one year, the remaining $250.00 must be paid to Plumbers Local Union No. 27. Residential Apprentices selected as a probationary apprentice must pay one hundred twenty-five ($125.00) dollars toward their initiation fee of $250.00 and after an acceptable probationary period of one year, the remaining $125.00 must be paid to Plumbers Local Union No. 27.
YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION TO APPLY:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- $30.00 application fee (cash or check)
- Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License
- Transcript of High School Grades
Upon Completion of your application form, providing all the above documentation is present and acceptable, you will be assigned a testing time for the General Aptitude Test.
The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee urges all interested persons to comply with the aforementioned dates in order to be considered for this year’s apprenticeship program.
-The Joint Apprentice Training Committee of U.A. Local No. 27